Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
globa id 1 on many messages
May 6, 2010
11:57 pm
New Member
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
May 6, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I just installed GlodaQuilla (0.3.1), hoping it might help in debugging some (potentially) search-related problems I've encountered (,, and, above all, the fact that the new search is excruciatingly slow for me; still looking for the right bug to comment on for that) — and I found that lots of messages have globa id 1. This is the case for most of the messages in my biggest folder (39485 messages), but also for an isolated one in another folder (in between two consecutive "normal" numbers, so probably not the "real" id 1).These are all from a POP account, onDisk (green dot) and not dirty (0). The indexing took about a day after I installed 3.0.4; it seemed to go through every folder twice as far as I could tell, but after it finished, it has since not indexed large numbers of mails, except when I added an IMAP account; the mails from that seem to have gotten proper ids.

I'll be happy to provide any additional information that would help in investigating this, or if you think that would be appropriate, to file a new bug for this. Here's my Thunderbird version:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; de; rv: Gecko/20100317 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4

May 7, 2010
1:00 am
Forum Posts: 423
Member Since:
July 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm not really the guy to try to solve problems with gloda. The GlodaQuilla extension was originally written by request of the team that works directly with gloda, and they are very familiar with it and use it in their work. So really the correct thing for you to do is to work through Mozilla's bugzilla, as apparently you have done.

I do recall Mozilla Messaging's president David Ascher as pointing out to me one time that GlodaQuilla was showing an index of 1 for his messages, but then concluded that it was caused by a recent code change he had done. So that is a sign of gloda failures, but beyond that I cannot say.

At the moment, all effort is devoted to the upcoming TB 3.1 release. What I suggest that you do is to load Thunderbird 3.1 beta 2, reproduce your issues there, and then work through the Mozilla bug reporting channels. You could use bugzilla, or contact asuth on Mozilla's IRC channel #maildev  Feel free to mention your glodaquilla results, as all of the gloda devs use it.

June 1, 2010
8:49 am

joriki said:
    I found that lots of messages have globa id 1.
Gloda id is / messagesText.docid of SQLite3 table.
Select statement example.
"SELECT messages.*, messagesText.*, (snip)
"FROM messagesText, messages " + "WHERE" + (snip)
" AND = messagesText.docid " (snip)
See for detail.
As you can see by log of Gloda Debugging,
( ) / messagesText.docid looks to start from 32 in decimal
(shown in hexadecimal at gloda id  column, so starts from 0x20) .
As written in the bug, if something wrong happens in Gloda indexing,
GlodaQuilla looks to show 1 at gloda id column.
Read above bug for it, please.
If you see gloda id=1, get Gloda's log by Thunderbird:Debugging_Gloda, please.

September 1, 2012
1:42 am
Awaiting Moderation

Forum Timezone: UTC -8

Most Users Ever Online: 41

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

BigMike: 17

David.P: 10

Jeff Wexler: 9

JPRuehmann: 8

bobkatz: 8

zabolyx: 8

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 217

Members: 5702

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 7

Topics: 386

Posts: 1233

Newest Members:

JasonJax, SaulutRor, xaipheira, VepMikhail, JosephSuist, EgorcaOl

Administrators: rkent: 423